Recently a lawsuit was filed against the Discovery Channel. During the filming of a pilot of a new series (Brother in Arms) a contestant was hit by a pyrotechnic device. The contestant unfortunately did not survive and the accident. It appears that there were no permits to use pyrotechnics during filming, and also sounds like the device that caused the death was illegal and untested. Accidents like this can be prevented!
Whenever you are doing proximit fireworks test every device. Follow local laws and regulations, and obtain the proper permits. No one’s life is worth cutting corners.